This EngVid Video showcases James. He is my favorite teacher on the channel because he has great information and he’s not afraid to be a little bit goofy. As you’ll see, this video coaches you on habits to break when you want to learn English. Do you have any of the bad habits he has listed?
How persuasive are you? Practice your pitch structure by making short speeches on the prompts listed here. Review the video if you need a refresher on the four qualities of successful pitches.
1. What is the most useful item? Create a pitch which promotes your choice.
2. What is an important value or ethic? Support your choice.
3. Who deserves our support? Choose an individual or a group and create an argument.
4. What is a habit we should adopt? Support your choice.
5. What makes you a valuable employee or friend? Pitch yourself and support your argument.
How are this week’s vocabulary words used in the article posted below? Do you understand what you read?
Tips for Earning a Promotion
Many people have been asking us for advice on advancing their careers. We took it upon ourselves to investigate by asking bosses what they looked for when they promoted their employees. Some of the advice may contrast with tips you’ve heard, but, take it from us, these are the new workplace rules. We predict they will serve you well.
East Bay ESL is an English language school for learners in the San Francisco East Bay.