As you saw from the activity posted earlier this week, there is a particular pattern to intonation in questions. You probably noticed that there was a higher pitch or tone at the end of the questions shared in the video. This is the typical pattern for questions in English. Knowing this, how would you say the following questions?
1. Isn't she a doctor?
2. Are you going to the store?
3. What's your favorite place to eat?
4. Do you need anything?
5. Have you ever been to France?
6. Who should I talk to?
7. Have you seen this movie?
8. Are we going out tonight?
9. Do you think he wants this?
10. How do I get there?
East Bay ESL is an English language school for learners in the San Francisco East Bay.